Sunday, March 1, 2009

Caught up in Software

My biggest problem is that I'm more obessesd with learning new software than actually using it. I try to learn everything about a graphics package before I do anything. That is really dumb.

For 3d software, I decided to use one and only one. That way I don't get distracted with playing with new software packages. So if you see any modeling or animation, it is in Softimage XSI 6. Nothing else.

Drawing is a different story. I draw on paper when away from the computer.
There are two packages I use or will use.

Foremost- ArtRage 2 It is simple. No learning curve. All of the tools are just like they are in real life. There is no shortcuts to drawing or painting in the program. So I can dive right in.

The other program I'm 'evaluating' is Manga Studio 3. It is complicated compared to ArtRage 2. It requires learning, which is a distraction from sketching and drawing. I will read about it by printing out the manuals and reading it on my long commute to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment